November 29, 2018
Workers’ Comp is a Right!
Join us for a province-wide week of action from December 10th to the 14th, and take a stand for fairness for injured workers!
In Toronto, we’re kicking the week off with a rally on Monday, December 10th at 11:30am outside the Ministry of Labour located at 400 University Avenue - view map for directions.
Click here to access a PDF of the 2018 Toronto Rally Poster.
This year, the conservative government and WSIB have been the Grinch trying to steal workers’ compensation. They’ve teamed up to give employers a $1.5 billion gift, in the form of a massive reduction to their premium rates – that’s the money that’s needed to provide compensation for people who need it. Meanwhile, injured workers are struggling with poverty and homelessness.
Workers’ Comp Is A Right, and Injured Workers Need Real Healthcare!
Have a look at the list of actions planned so far and keep checking our Facebook event page for more actions across the province – info will be posted there as it becomes available.
- Barrie - Monday, December 10th at 10:00am at the Service Ontario office located at 34 Simcoe Street. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Hamilton - Wednesday, December 12th at 11:00am at the WSIB office located at Bay & King (outside Jackson Square). For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niagara - Tuesday, December 11th at 12:00pm noon at the WSIB office located at 301 St. Paul Street. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Thunder Bay - Monday, December 10th at 12:00pm noon at the WSIB office located at 113 Jade Court. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toronto - Monday, December 10th at 11:30am at the Ministry of Labour located at 400 University Avenue. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Windsor - Tuesday, December 11th at 4:00pm at the WSIB office located at 2485 Ouellette Avenue. Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/580982822337018/